Anova Learning

Anova Learning

5.0 (1)
3 employees
14 years in business

About this tutor

Anova Learning is part of the Neurolinguistic Learning Center. Since 2006, the NLC has been helping students in overcoming the effects of dyslexia, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders. 

Anova Learning does not simply offer assistance with subject content. Anova Learning provides Research-based strategies that address the underlying cause of student struggles to help make learning easier, faster and more fun. 

My greatest joy is seeing "the lights come on" for my students, seeing them embrace learning, watching their confidence and self-esteem return.

Read more about this pro


Credentials

Placerville, CA 95667
Email verified
Phone verified

1 Review

5.0

  • Jennifer

    Gerry was amazing. He understood how my child learned and what he needed. what I though would take weeks or months, Anova Learning did in hours. thank you.



Photos & Videos


FAQs


What is your typical process for working with a new student?

We begin with an parent interview. We encourage parents to complete our free Learning Assessment to identify specific challenges.

Upon review of the student's Learning Assessment, we design tutoring sessions that will specifically address and/or accommodate the sensory needs of the student.


What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?

10 years, Director of the Neuro-linguistic Learning Center. 15 years as Learning Specialist with the Neuro-linguistic Learning Center helping children adn teens in overcoming the effects of dyslexia, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders.


Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.

At the NLC, we have no set pricing.

We believe that every child has the right to an education.

We believe that no child should be left to struggle.

Our fees are based on a sliding scale to work within a family's budget.


How did you get started teaching?

In response to my own children's struggles with dyslexia and ADHD, I founded the Neuro-linguistic Learning Center.

Over the course of 15 years, we have helped hundreds of students in overcoming a variety of struggles in almost every subject.


What types of students have you worked with?

Approximately 80% of our students have been between the ages 6 and 16, 15% were adults purpusing college or career, and 5% were under the age of 6.

Approximately 60% of our students have been diagnosed with dyslexia, ADHD or Autism Spectrum Disorders; the remaining 40% had no official diagnosis with respect to their struggles.

Approximately 75% of our students have been male and 25% female.


Describe a recent event you are fond of.

I received emails from several parents who had purchaced my recently published book, "Cracking the Dyslexia Code", expressing their gratitude that their child was reading without struggle.

Several children were for the first time genuinely excited about school and learning.


What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?

Hire a teacher or tutor that will not only help the student catch up on missing content, but will provide the student with learning strageties specific to his or her sensory (learning) profile and help address any issues underlying the student's struggles.


What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?

1) Do I learn best by EXAMPLE (being shown HOW to do something) or by CONCEPT and APPLICATION (being shown WHY to do something).

2) If I imagine my education as a block of swiss cheese, what holes in my education (missing information or concepts from PREVIOUS lessons/years) might be effecting my current struggles?

3) How will [this] teacher/tutor address MY specfic needs and help me achieve MY goals?


Services offered

AP Chemistry Tutors AP Physics Tutors Biology Tutors Physics Tutors Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Help Tutors Algebra 2 Tutors Arithmetic Tutors Basic Math Tutors Developmental Algebra Tutors Elementary Algebra Tutors Elementary Math Tutors Geometry Tutors Linear Algebra Tutors Math Tutors Middle School Math Tutors Pre Algebra Tutors Trigonometry Tutors Precalculus Tutors Non-Euclidean Geometry Tutors