· Passionate about helping students achieve their goals and working with parents and teachers for additional support
· Background in education: 9 years teaching K-12 students, experience in special education and tutoring programs
· Experience tutoring all subjects K-8, Writing/Language Arts/Study Skills and Career Planning for high school and college-level students
· BA, MA from California State University, Fullerton
· Understanding of adult learners' needs
· Experience in training and digital learning for business subjects such as project management and communications strategies
· LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/carly-t-9334a0101
There are no reviews yet
I like to talk with a student to understand what kind of learner they are and what their challenges are. I ask for an overview of their current status in school--grades, attendance, what classes they like and don't like, and how to prioritize our sessions (are they failing a class, missing assignments, etc.). Most importantly, I build trust so that a student is comfortable, engaged, and motivated to work with me. When needed, I also collaborate with parents on a tutor plan and the teacher(s) when appropriate.
Nine years in teaching, special education support, and tutor program management for at-risk students
$40/hour, $100 for groups up to 5
K-12, special education 6-8, adults
Look for someone that you connect with and who motivates you to do your best.
College Essays Help Tutors Creative Writing Tutors English Tutors Essay Editing Tutors Essay Writing Tutors Expository Writing Lessons Fiction Writing Tutors Grammar Tutors Business Tutors Proofreading Tutors Reading Tutors Persuasive Writing Tutors Medieval Literature Tutors Literary Analysis Tutors Introduction to Fiction Tutors Short Novel Tutors Technical Writing Training Art Tutors Art History Tutors Art Theory Tutors