* Background: Chemical Engineering background with 7 years experience in teaching/tutoring science/engineering/mathemathics at University/College levels.
* Teaching Method:
- In person: I do have my own teaching materials for all levels.
- Online: I am using Teams. I will send you an invite. You don't need to have an account, just need the app installed in your phone or computer. I will be using a Surface Pro with a stylus so you will see I am solving/teaching live with video call.
* Teaching style: The key to my teaching success is patience and my goal is to inspire students to build strong foundation for sucess in those classes. I have taught successfullly students at different levels. I will also share tips/stories to help prepare students for college. For example, I took note using OneNote throughout college and I still have those notes/HW at my finger tips. Give me an opportunity to serve you. I am looking forward to working with you.
I am currently a senior analyst, covering chemical market. I am able to utilize my strengths in engineering/computing. On the side, I am an IT and a part-time tutor.
He is extremely professional, very knowledgeable and my kids are doing very well academically
Lan is an excellent tutor with patience. You will love after his tutoring. His style of teaching is very easy to follow. I am in 8th grade and I was able to finish STAAR math exam after a couple of weeks with him. He helped my brother in college classes as well. Highly recommended.
1/ Understand the student's goal and expectation
2/ Build trust by sharing experience
3/ Define a plan to reach that goal
The key in my teaching approach is PATIENCE. I do have my own teaching materials for all levels
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Houston, magna cum laude.
- Led and lectured an engineering class at University of Houston
- Experienced tutoring science/mathematics at Universtiy of Houston and Houston Community College
- Standard rate is $28/hr
- If students wish to have a plan with me, the hourly rate might be lower depending on the duration.
- I have passion about teaching and my teaching method is very easy to understand.
- I started with private tutoring and always received positive feedbacks.
- I started tutoring at Community College/University to gain more experience.
I have worked students at all levels. I always make sure students know where they stand and help to build their foundation on that subject.
- Taught my sister-in-law to prepare for SAT and AP classes.
Find the teacher whom you can build trust with.
1/ What goals do I have?
2/ Where is my gaps in learning the subject?
3/ What are my expectations for the teachers?
Engineering Tutors Chemical Engineering Tutors ACT Math Help Tutors Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Help Tutors Algebra 2 Tutors AP Calculus Tutors Basic Math Tutors Calculus Tutors Calculus 2 Tutors College Algebra Help Tutors College Math Tutors Elementary Algebra Tutors Elementary Math Tutors Geometry Tutors Math Tutors Linear Algebra Tutors Intermediate Algebra Tutors Middle School Math Tutors Pre Algebra Tutors