English Language Institute
The English Language Institute is specifically designed to help non-native learners from all over the world gain a functional command of English in grammar, listening, speaking, reading, and writing. We provide a quality, intensive program for non-native speakers that meet the learning needs of our student population.
Why you should choose English Language Institute (ELI):
• To have a successful academic experience in an American institution of higher learning.
• To pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
• To improve essential language skills for everyday communications.
• Our class sizes are small, so students can get the individual attention they need; we are located on the UTEP campus – especially convenient for those students who already
attend classes here.
• Classes meet for five hours a day, and the core course spread over an eight-week semester. (Classes for both beginners and advanced learners are available so that students can find their best fit).
• Instructors have a wide range of teaching experience and knowledge and are well suited to assist students in learning a new language.
• The ETS TOEFL paper exam is offered every month.
Photos and videos
No reviews (yet)
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
HOW TO ENROLL TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE (ELI):
1. Visit us at ppp.utep.edu
2. Scroll down and click on LANGUAGES AND CULTURAL STUDIES.
2. Scroll down and click on ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE.
3. Scroll down to the steps for the Application Process for NEW/TRANSFER STUDENTS.
4. Click on the HOW TO APPLY: THE ELI APPLICATION PROCESS CHECKLIST - ENGLISH (Step no. 1) where you will find the application process explained and all required documents listed.
5. To enroll, prospective ELI students must submit all the required documents. International students who require an I-20 should check the “Calendars and Fees” document. This will ensure all required documents are submitted before the I-20 request deadline.
6. Registration must be completed before the placement test can be taken.