- My service stands out because I am passionate about sharing the incredible knowledge of mathematics with students and helping them succeed through practice and key techniques. I'm personable and have a heart for kids and students and seeing them stand on top of their obstacles. I love to take the pressure off students by having them observe me solve similar problems so that they can learn how to do them using the quickest and easiest methods.
- Tutoring for 5 years at high schools and at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN
- Proficient in Algebra, Trigonometry, Calc I, Calc II, Calc III, Stats, Logic
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luke-kriss-790076a9/
- I enjoy seeing math become easy for students. One of my biggest fears was always looking at a problem during a test and having no clue how to solve it. Math can be a fear or chore so most students when they have a hard time understanding it. I love helping a student establish confidence in knowing that "I can easily pass this class or test."
Luke is a great tutor. Very professional and easy to talk to. He will put in the work to understand the class and relate the subject manner in an easy to understand manner. Highly recommended.
Luke is an incredibly patient tutor. He is really great at breaking down complex topics/formulas. I struggled with the math portion of the GRE and working with Luke helped me improve my score so that I could apply to grad school. I’d highly recommend him if you need a tutor who is passionate about math and helping others learn!
I mostly start off by getting to know a student to figure out what they are passionate about in order to connect with them and share my passions with them as well. When it comes to helping a student learn a specifc math topic, I like to use an even mix of how many problems I do for them and how many problems the student does on their own. Students tend to learn relatively quickly when seeing a similar problem done for them fairly easy. I love to be tell stories and be funny as well!
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Lipscomb University
- Paid part-time tutor at Lipscomb University for 2 years
- Passed the Probability Exam for the Society of Actuaries
- Have taken a plethra of math courses that range from Calc and Stats to Logic and Proofs.
- Great at teaching ACT math as well. Scored a 35. 32 without a calculator
- Very flexible on pricing. Can be $15-$35 and I'm totally willing to work with parents that need help. $25 would be standard.
- Started teaching for scholarship money in high school which then became a requirement for a Math major like myself. I soon became a top recommendation by the head of the Math Department at Lipscomb University. I tutored a variety of college and high school students throughout all 4 years of my college education while balancing my own.
- Anyone from gamers and braniacs (like myself) to slow-paced and unmotivated students
- Make sure they have a few good recommendations and great relationships with professors, teachers, students, etc.
- Have I looked at what the book's method says to do and tried to apply it to a similar problem?
- Is there an online video that might help me understand this concept easier?