I love working with students!! I love teaching math!! I have 19 years of experience teaching mathematics from 3rd Grade math to Algebra II. I enjoy incorporating games into my lessons and working hands on with my students. I am currently certified to teach math from 1st Grade to 12th Grade. I also have secondary (7th - 12th) certification for Biology and General Science.
I really enjoy seeing those moments when students start to get what you're teaching and show understanding. It motivates me to want to reach more students.
There are no reviews yet
1. I'll ask the student and parent(s) some basic questions about where they are in math.
2. We'll make a plan of what they'd like to get out of our tutoring sessions.
3. I'll do some quick assessments of their current ability.
4. We'll make a plan of action for tutoring sessions.
I currently hold a MS in math and science education and an EDS in education administration.
I'm certified to teach grades 1-8 general education and 7-12 math.
I've attended several regional and national math conferences.
I'm on our schools math steering team for grades 3-5.
$40 per hour.
$25 for half hour only.
I got started by working at an after school program 22 years ago. Ever since then, I've been working with children.
I've worked with elementary, middle, and high school students. I've worked with students ranging from high needs students to gifted.
1. What do you like and/or don't like about math?
2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
3. What do you hope to accomplish with tutoring sessions?