My name is Dan Friedman, and I am a graduate of the University of Chicago with a Bachelor of Arts in French Literature and a Minor in Environmental Studies. Since graduating with Honors in 2016, I have held a number of roles in the informal education field, and I have tutored a number of students of all ages/abilities over the years. Some of my skills and qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience tutoring students in Honors French, AP French, AP US History, Biology, and Mathematics
- Advanced proficient level French speaker, reader, writer
- Experience studying abroad in Paris
- 3.5 years of experience teaching in informal education settings
I am available to tutor in the following subjects:
- French speaking, reading, writing of any level, from beginner to AP
- Environmental Science
- History/Social Studies
- Writing skills
Thank you so much for checking out my profile! Please feel free to contact me to set up our first session. I look forward to hearing from you.
I love working with students and seeing how one-on-one attention can help them vastly improve. Oftentimes, classroom settings do not give students the proper attention they need to really learn and master the content at hand. Giving students individualized attention and seeing them improve is a very rewarding process.
Dan was a great tutor for high school French and AP U.S. History. He was always very friendly and my performance in those classes definitely improved with his help. He also had a great backlog of notes from his own experience in the class if he wasn’t immediately available for a question.