Hi! I'm Diana, I've been tutoring students of all ages since 2011. I believe every student should walk away from a tutoring session with the confidence that they are improving and the measurable proof to back it up, too! That's why I employ a "well-rounded" strategy to identify the student's education goals, track their progress, and keep them encouraged while they're tackling the material!
The Brain is a muscle, consider me your personal trainer! Imagine a skinny guy at the gym walking up to the dumbbells and struggling to pick up the heaviest one. After working with a personal trainer, he learned effective techniques and strengthened his muscles and now weight-lifting is like second nature to him. Students who struggle with subject matter that makes them want to pull their hair out experience a similar transformation after working with me for a few sessions.
With the current state of in-person education, we decided to make the switch to online tutoring! Contact me today for a FREE assessment!
Diana really helped me with my college essays and some homework, I'm glad I can email her for questions and stuff
She was really good at explaining things and giving examples
My son was in 1st grade and still not reading at grade level, I took him to Diana's tutoring and it really helped, his brothers went too for homework help at the same time, it was so helpful, I hope school will be back soon so they can do more
1) Assessment call to identify education goals
2) Set up an Action Plan: determine the dates and times we will meet, the subject matter we will cover, and the progress we want to achieve at each session
3) Training: during the tutoring sessions I'll teach the student helpful, effective techniques to help them grasp the concept faster and easier so they have more success working on their own outside the tutoring session
4) Homework help/Study: if there's anything currently due in the class or a test coming up we will focus on that as well
5) Measure progress: at the end of each session I'll briefly go over what progress we've made and what we'll need to do next time if anything
6) Encouragement: it's important to keep a positive attitude and not be too hard on yourself when you're pushing yourself to get better at a skill, so I always try to keep the sessions flowing comfortably and engaging/interesting for the student. For young students, I use fun incentives like "get a gold star for every correct answer, 10 gold stars wins a choice from the mystery box" the mystery box has easier, fun study materials related to the subject matter but it feels more like a game than studying
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Rutgers University 2011
Kindergarten aide/student teacher, Far Hills Country Day School, 2012
Kaplan Test Prep, 2013-2015
Private tutoring, 2011-present
Please inquire for packages.
Acting Classes Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Help Tutors American History Tutors American Literature Tutors AP Art History Tutors AP English Tutors Arithmetic Tutors Art History Tutors Audition Prep Lessons Basic Math Tutors College Algebra Help Tutors College Essays Help Tutors College Math Tutors Composition Lessons Problem Solving Help Tutors Creative Writing Tutors Developmental Algebra Tutors Elementary Algebra Tutors Elementary Math Tutors