- I have worked as a writing tutor for over two years at the University of Alabama in Huntsville where I helped native and non-native English speakers with essay writing, grammar, thesis creation, and even brainstorming. I am CRLA certified.
- I have also worked as an Academic Coach to help students with common academic obstacles like time management, stress management, goal management, and study strategies.
- I am currently enrolled in International TEFL Academy to become TEFL certified. I am also a volunteer at two different ESL classes to help children and adult ESL students.
Sarah began working for the Student Success Center in the capacity of tutor in August 2017; it quickly became evident that she had a gift for communicating complicated concepts and that she had more than a solid understanding of the concepts she was conveying. Sarah consistently provided excellent performance in all aspects of her role as tutor and coach; she communicates in a timely, direct, and efficient manner, has an eye for detail, and has demonstrated critical thinking skills while breaking down complicated concepts for students at all levels of learning. In addition to her work as a tutor, Sarah also took on additional opportunities as an academic coach, and she did not shied away from challenging tasks. Sarah helped students not only with content, but also with developing time- and self-management skills; she was greatly dedicated to helping her peers.
The first thing I like to do with a new student is hear why they decided to come to tutoring, what their main goal is, and their biggest obstacle. If we can identify those three things, we already have a plan in place to improve in the topic at hand.
-Bachelor's Degree in English
-Bachelor's Degree in Marketing
- 2+ years experience as writing tutor and academic coach at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (CRLA certified)
- Currently enrolled in the International TEFL Academy to become TEFL certified.
- I volunteer with two different ESL classes to help teach non-native speakers English (spoken, grammar, reading, writing, pronounciation, etc.)
I have worked extensively with teenagers and adults during my tutoring job in college and am currently getting experience with children. I am happy to tutor any age group!