- English Language Arts has been a passion of mine since I was in 9th grade at Murrah High School. By my 12th grade year I recieved an award in my English IV class for having the highest average in my class for ALL four terms. I went on to Jackson State University to pursue a degree in English were I was a Dean's List Scholar.
- English is a passion for mine that I take seriously, and use daily.
- As a tutor, I aim to create lesson plans tailored for each individual scholars learning style. Whether your scholar is an Aural (auditory-musical), Physical (kinesthetic/hands on), Verbal (linguistic), or Visual learner, I am here to assist your scholar towards becoming a better ELA student.
- I provide one-on-one tutoring sessions. I'm available Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Facetime/Skype tutoring sessions are also available, and I encourage those not familiar with this method of tutoring to test it out if I am not in your area, and your child is in desperate need of assistance. I sent things up so that it will be a minimum of a 1 hour session via skype were I assist your child with their lesson.
This method will simply require a laptop, high speed internet, an email account, school supplies, and your scholar.
I enjoy working with kids, because kids are our future. They deserve to be encouraged and pushed to reach their highest potiential. I have the patience, and the right attitude to make sure a child will both learn, but also enjoy doing so.
Ms Rachel was awesome with my son. She was flexible with information and time and listening to our suggestions with his school teacher. After several weeks we had issues at home and we didn’t tutor for a week or so. Once started back she spoke with us to return and she cancelled and never returned or accepted our calls after multiple times. Not sure what happened. My sine Joshua thought he did something wrong. Mrs Green
I first would like to know what the scholar is having trouble currently in the classroom pertaining to their academics.
I next would like to know if the scholar has any learning disabilites.
I will now follow up by asking, what is the scholar's learning style:
After I gather all of this information, I will now create the most effective curriculum for your scholar.
- I have a B.A. in English acquired from Jackson State University.
- I have worked as a Substitute Teacher for 2 years.
- I have tutored for going on 2 years.
Pricing really depends on what is needed for your scholar, how long services will be needed, and the location.
For example, If we meet at a local location such as a library or bookstore, the fee will vary from if I were to tutor your scholar at your house or via Skype.
My interest was sparked when I started substitue teaching. I made sure that I was assigned to English Language Arts classes so I would be able to assist the scholars with any questions that may arise. From my job I noticed that scholars were having issues that would require outside help, which made me come up with the idea of my tutoring services business.
I have worked with elementary and middle school students thus far.
Be very specific about what exactly it is that you are having trouble with. If it is the teachers' learning style that's affecting you, state that, if it's the material, state that, because every bit of information will further help a tutor to be able to pinpoint your particular problem, and come up with the most effective solution for you. In short, details matter greatly.
First, try to figure out why exactly you're not able to understand the information.
For me, growing up, we didn't know about the different learning styles, we just knew we got it in some classes, and not so much in others. A teacher can only work with what they are given. If you notice that when your teacher has hands on assignments you do better than when you just hear your teacher give out instructions, that's letting me know, it's best to give this particular scholar hands on activites in order for them to retain the information presented to them.
English Tutors American Literature Tutors Creative Writing Tutors English Literature Tutors Essay Editing Tutors Grammar Tutors Proofreading Tutors Persuasive Writing Tutors Literature Tutors Literary Analysis Tutors Handwriting Tutors Essay Writing Tutors College Essays Help Tutors British Literature Help Tutors AP English Tutors Reading Tutors Shakespeare Tutors Spelling Tutors Vocabulary Tutors Writing Tutors