Not only is the success of your child in the classroom important, but so is their personal succ!want to help your child learn not only the basic math skills, but help them understand the unseen skills that math gives you. Some of these skills include problem solving, logically thinking, critical analysis skills, and many more.
Our tutor is currently studying Mathematics, and has worked with children in multiple situations. She has worked as:
- a math tutor at Purdue Polytechnic High School
- a personal math tutor to multiple grade levels ranging from middle school through high school
- a math tutor at Rensselaer Central Middle School
- an assistant math teacher for sixth graders
Our tutor loves seeing children's growth, and your child is no exception.
There are no reviews yet
My typical process when working with a student through a problem is by asking them a question in response to their question. This question is designed to get their minds thinking critically and helps their brains make connections to the material. If I were to just answer their question their brain wouldn't have worked to remember the answer at all, but by making them think about a smaller question that will help answer their initial question, they will remember the answer with a lot more ease than before.
I have worked with children on numerous occasions. I have worked with ages 11-18. My experience includes:
- working with children ages 11-14 through an after school tutoring program sponsored by Rensselaer Central Middle School
- working with children ages 14-18 at Purdue Polytechnic High School at a Math Tutor for the school
- working as an individual tutor for ages 15 and 16
I charge $10 per hour of lessons for:
- online tutoring
- student travels to me
I charge $15 per hour of lessons for:
- traveling to the student
- traveling to a mutual spot to meet student