Vibrant Scholars is an independent academic tutoring service aimed to teach and improve writing and literary analysis for students of all ages.
My understanding of analytical reading and writing has been amassed through 4 years of trial and error. I have been proficiently reading and writing numerous texts for the past few years, and I would like to give share my knowledge with others students.
- Senior History/pre-law student at the University of Illinois of Chicago.
- Submitted ~100 pages of academic writing
- ~1000 pages of advanced literature analyzed
I have always loved mentorship! First and foremost, I have always been and will always be a student. I enjoy learning new ideas, concepts, and skills. After a few years of understanding the foundations and improving my knowledge of something, I love sharing my knowledge with someone else. This is because this person may be in the exact same shoes as I was when I was learning something new.
Worked well around my schedule
Helped me improve my writing and speeches
Ankit really helped me out with my English 161 course! Explains really well and is super patient! Ended up getting an 92% on my final essay
1) Before anything, get to know the student. Understand how much they are experienced/what they have been exposed to. See how they think and approach.
2) Come to an understanding of the material presented (What is the question being asked? What is the purpose of the writing? What is the writing about?)
3) Separate the material into segments (so one is not overwhelmed) to gain an understanding of one section before the next.
4) Lots of encouragement!! When you finally understand a section, it is easy to feel quickly discouraged when the next section is proven difficult. One must not forget that academic/analytical reading is a process and a skill to develop.
5) Motivation before session ends.
BA in History
College level reading/writing skills
Academic proofreading and writing
20/hr for High School level (9-12 grade)
30/hr for College level (AP Courses//College)
Was originally an education major, however, switched to pre-law because it was a new found passion at the time.
Still love to educate and teach!