Hello! My name is Anika Prasad and I am a Senior in High School. I am a straight-A student in all honors and AP classes, and I love to teach! I specialize in Math and English tutoring, but if students have any other questions about subjects I know, I will do my best to help them. Students can come to me for specific tutoring for classes, or for homework help, both of which I will be glad to assist in.
- Continuous High Honor Roll Student
- Reciever of the President's Award of Educational Excellence
- Receiver of multiple School Pride Awards
- Tutor/Volunteer for multiple organizations
I love everything about teaching kids! Helping people has always been my passion, and when it's a subject I know things about, it's even better! I love to talk to kids and connect with them, and ensure that they not only learn effectively but also have fun while learning.
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
- Start off with communicating with the parent over text/email about the student's needs
- Once needs are established, find a time to have a zoom call with the student to find out what they already know and how to proceed in a way that best helps the student.
- Take the first lesson or two to experiment with what helps the student the most, and then use that to tutor the student effectively.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
All lessons will start at a standard price of $25 dollars per lesson. As time goes on, the price will MAY fluctuate depending on my workload and the time commitment. With the $25, you get- 30-45 minutes of high level instruction, guided practice, and weekly homework!
What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?
You need to find a teacher that works best for your needs! You need to communicate any questions with them, and tell them about your learning style. Be honest if something doesn't work, or if something works better for you. A good teacher is one that will cater to your needs.