The Personal Professor
1. National Tutoring Service Trained Expert ACT/SAT Tutors who scored 35 or higher on ACT; 1500 or higher on the SAT. Tutors are successful 3.9-4.0 students with advanced college or graduate degrees.
2. Proven Track Record, Average Gain = +7 on ACT, +215 on SAT; successfully tutored over 200 students; all students referencable; references available if desired
3. Customized, cost/time-effective Programs which focus on targeted weakenesses instead of generalized programs which spend half your time and budget on reinforcing strengths.
4. Weekly Detailed Progress Reporting to monitor net scoring gains. Weekly Practice Testing to ensure the gains "stick."
5. Supportive and safe Learning Coaches who tailor their teaching approach to match your learning style for an optimal learning environment.
Helping my students find out that they can master the subjects they struggle with! And, being a guide for them on their journey of learning!
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
1. Introductory Phone Call or a FREE tutoring session or BOTH (15-30 minutes, overview of program, approach, your learning needs)
2. Diagnostic Exam: (students will take a practice test, we assess performance and develop tutoring recommendations; no commitment, no charge)
3. Initial Program Consultation (30-60 minute overview of our recommendations and a walkthrough of our personalized tutoring program; no commitment, no charge)
4. First Session / Begin Program (if student and/or parent is ready to move forward, we plan the tutoring schedule, establish logistics, and begin tutoring; pay-as-you-go, no contracts)
4. Post-Tutoring Debrief and Student Satisfaction Survey (we believe in the quality of our services and if you are not complete satisfied, we will discuss post-tutoring options to resolve any concerns.)
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
1. The Professor scored a 36 on the ACT, a 1570 on the SAT, and earned a 4.0 GPA in High School, and a 3.9 GPA in College.
2. The Professor and some of his staff are ex-ACT / SAT Tutors for a large, national learning organization like Huntington Learning Center or Sylvan.
3. The Professor has successfully tutored over 200 students.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
$40-$75/hour; 2-hour sessions; weekly, bi-weekly, tri-weekly