I have taught high school mathematics for 19 years. I have a BSEd in mathematics, a BA in Counseling, and I am currently grades 6-12 mathematics in Florida.
I work particularly well with students struggling with Algebra.
I prefer face-to-face tutoring rather than virtual. I teach math "old school" with hints, examples, and "tricks" to help students remember methods. I work best with students who are "mathematically challenged"!😀
• BSEd in math, physics, and chemistry
• MA in Counselor Education
• 26+ years teaching experience at the high school level
• Taught Summer School math many years
• Testing Proctor/Supervisor for SAT, ACT, PERT, and all math EOC exams
• Extra training in Prep for all tests listed above in addition to ASVAB
$50 per hour
$65 per 90 minutes
Usually paid through PayPal
Knew I wanted to teach since 4th grade!!
I have worked with ages 5-50!
Most of my teaching was with grades 9-12 in Algebra1, Geometry, Math for College Readiness, Liberal Arts Math, and Consumer Math
I retired from teaching June1, 2018. So many of my former students came back to say goodbye and to tell me and/or put in writing how much I helped them with math AND life in general.