- Over 10 years education experience
- Certified California Teacher
- English, History (1st grade - College)
- Math (1st grade - Math 1)
- Test Prep (SAT, GRE, GED, etc)
- Study Skills & Organization
- Masters Degree in Education: customized sessions tailored for individual learning needs
Throughout my career, I have striven to stay current with teaching methods, diagnostic tools, and technology. It is a point of pride as I would like to be relevant to my audience, the students. I am adept at finding and creating study materials in a wide variety of subjects from English to History to Math for different levels of learning needs including English Language Learners.
My favorite part about teaching was when I taught one-on-one and create a plan for a student who was having challenges in class. Every student processes information differently and at different rates. As a teacher, my job is to ensure student comprehension while providing a safe and fun learning environment.
Ms. Dudley is one of the most understanding and passionate instructors I have ever had. She was fun and easy to communicate with, making material more memorable and easy to access. Her instruction was comprehensive but also allowed for me to pursue areas of interest or sections that I needed more help with. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun but effective tutor.
Dudley was more than I could have ever asked for. She understands what it takes to help people like me to learn, with the ability to explain things in different ways and forms in order to hammer points home. Through such methods, I feel as if I have learned a lot, and such a teaching style has given me confidence in my abilities in the years of studying to come. I genuinely wish that I could give more than a 5-star rating!
Dudley is such an amazing tutor. Not only does she want you to succeed academically, she will also make you enjoy the hours that you have with her. If you are not dedicated to a specific subject she will always find a way to make you interested in that subject. She is one of those tutors that would put other tutors to shame. I am very happy with her service and I do highly suggest in having her as your tutor.
Dudley was an excellent tutor and teacher. She is able to make the information digestible, engaging and interesting despite the monotony of some of the subject matter. She truly cares about the success of her students and provides the space to allow for personal growth. Hire Dudley if you want to learn and have lots of laughs along the way!
- Before meeting in person or online, I like to have a phone conversation (or text if that is easier) to discuss your learning goals and if I can be of assistance.
- I am very relational and enjoy a collaborative learning experience.
- I am a teacher, so I will work off the clock to tinker with lesson plans or conduct research to improve my own learning so that I can assist your student. (It's fun. Label me nerd.)
- BA in English Literature from UC Santa Cruz
- Masters in Education from the University of La Verne
- Single Subject Teaching Credential: English & History
- Diagnostic Testing
- Measure of Academic Progress Test (MAP)
- Area 3 Writing Project
Elementary and High School: Starts $30-35
College & Adult: $40+
Added surcharge for tolls.
*Ask me about the local's/online special.*
With over ten years tutoring experience, I have taught a variety of students who came from different backgrounds, learning needs, and cultures. I've worked with students who were at-risk students, new to the English language, or had learning disabilities/neurological disorders.
Students learn differently as they age, grow, and mature socially, emotionally, and cognitively.
I know this is long, but this is the most important part of learning.
1) Take your time finding a tutor. If upon meeting for whatever reason the tutor does not work out, do not feel discouraged. Feel free to find another tutor. No one is going to be happy in a one-on-one learning session if the student is not comfortable.
2) Find a tutor you feel that you can bond with. Yes, you want a tutor who can help you improve, but you want someone to build trust especially when your anxiety is high. No new information or higher brain processing can take place. Your brain is in flight or fight mode and wants to escape.
3) Look for someone who creates a safe learning environment where you can ask any question.
For example, instead of saying you made a 'mistake' or 'oh, close; try again,' look for the teacher who asks 'how did you get x' or 'let's do the steps together and discuss it.'
Even if your answer is correct, reflection and speaking outloud your thought processes enables your brain to build and complete those neural networks.
African-American History Tutors American Government Tutors American History Tutors American Literature Tutors AP English Tutors AP European History Test Prep AP Government Help Tutors AP US History Tutors AP World History Tutors Arithmetic Tutors Basic Math Tutors British Literature Help Tutors CAHSEE Test Prep Tutors Civics Lessons Classics Tutors College Admissions Coaches College Essays Help Tutors Creative Writing Tutors Elementary Algebra Tutors Elementary Math Tutors