Jimmy The Tutor
I have taught both kindergarten and college classes - as well as most ages in between. Currently, I tutor high school students for the SAT and work with young students on reading and writing. I have a BA in English Literature (Emory University), and graduate degrees in education (University of Massachusetts) and in cultural anthropology (Graduate Center, CUNY). I have taught at Hunter College, University of Hawaii, Kabul University, and with Peace Corps in Pakistan.
I can help with:
• social science and humanities subjects;
• essay writing, composition, grammar, sentence structure, and style;
• organization, homework, school preparation and educational activities;
• standardized test preparation, including SAT, many SAT subject tests;
• college entrance essays;
• English as a second language;
• basic reading and analysis.
Respond to this post or call me at 925 664 7646 to discuss.
I look forward to hearing from you!
James (Jimmy) Weir
I take joy in seeing excitement about learning and watching confidence grow. I adapt my instruction to the unique needs, passions, and personalities of each student. An easy-going disposition and diverse life experiences prepare for unique learning styles and cross-cultural environments. My goal is the long-term commitment to the intellectual development of your child.