I am a public school instructor and have experience with general education, special education and continuing Adult Education. In other words I have a passion for diversity in all levels and types of students.
I also have journalism and marketing experience at the executive level which has made my tutoring so successful for essay and a variety of writing.
Please see my portfolio at www.portfolium.com/msmhembree/portfolio. My resume, BIO, samples and social media, web site and blog links are there.
Please get in touch - I am looking forward to clients from your service.
There are no reviews yet
1. Assess the goal objective and skill level of the client - age, English speaking, (special needs and if so - what level - does s/he have an IEP)
2. Set mutual comprehension of the assignment and goal and deadlines. Set targets and benchmarks.
3. Try to have a trusting, kind, empathetic, professional and respectful relationship. Praise the student often and let him/her come up with answers or ideas by inspiring, engaging, listening and asking questions.
4. Be very clear with expectations and lessons
5. Be timely, organized and consistent - I am a role model and act accordingly - even make it a practice to generate smiles!
B.A. in Psychology and M.A. Communications - I have passed the CBEST exam and am trained as a teacher for special ed and general education - I can work as a substitute in two districts.
English Tutors American Literature Tutors College Essays Help Tutors Creative Writing Tutors ESL Tutors Essay Editing Tutors Essay Writing Tutors Expository Writing Lessons Fiction Writing Tutors Grammar Tutors Handwriting Tutors Introduction to Fiction Tutors Persuasive Writing Tutors Phonics Tutors Proofreading Tutors Reading Tutors Short Novel Tutors Speech Tutors Technical Writing Training Vocabulary Tutors