I am a public school instructor and have experience with general education, special education and continuing Adult Education. In other words I have a passion for diversity in all levels and types of students.
I also have journalism and marketing experience at the executive level which has made my tutoring so successful for essay and a variety of writing.
Please see my portfolio at www.portfolium.com/msmhembree/portfolio. My resume, BIO, samples and social media, web site and blog links are there.
Please get in touch - I am looking forward to clients from your service.
No reviews (yet)
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
1. Assess the goal objective and skill level of the client - age, English speaking, (special needs and if so - what level - does s/he have an IEP)
2. Set mutual comprehension of the assignment and goal and deadlines. Set targets and benchmarks.
3. Try to have a trusting, kind, empathetic, professional and respectful relationship. Praise the student often and let him/her come up with answers or ideas by inspiring, engaging, listening and asking questions.
4. Be very clear with expectations and lessons
5. Be timely, organized and consistent - I am a role model and act accordingly - even make it a practice to generate smiles!
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
B.A. in Psychology and M.A. Communications - I have passed the CBEST exam and am trained as a teacher for special ed and general education - I can work as a substitute in two districts.