1. Good communicator.
2. Understand where students get stuck.
3. Can work with good students to help them get ahead.
4. Very flexible.
5. Rule based instruction. Like: Every line must have an equal sign. You must draw a good diagram. This must be memorized, no getting around it. That sort of thing.
6. Have taught and tutored math and physics.
7. Have gone all the way to the PhD. However, I don't think this hurts me with very young students.
1. When students succeed!!
2. When they get the method and reduce it to practice.
3. Helping young people achieve their aims.
Just getting started
1. Examine a key stuck problem.
2. Go backwards to see the student's work in the class up to the point. Try to form an idea about the students ability and achievment thus far.
3. Establish the goals of the students. Establish the goals of the parents separately. Is anything unrealistic?
4. Examine the teaching materials the student is using. If they are inferior, extra time and expense will be required.
5. Are any basic skills lacking? Students may be referred to Kumon, in addition to their classwork.
1. All math classes up to advanced calculus and linear algebra. I'm a Physics PhD.
2. SB MIT in Physics.
3. 800 on the math SAT. 50 years ago.
4. PhD Physics, UC Berkeley.
5. Tutored math as a high school student, was very successful. Taught physics at the undergrad level to premeds. This is basically high school physics. Calculus is not used.
6. Will also work with advanced and high achieving students to further their goals.
$50/hr high school/secondary school
In junior high school, as a geometry tutor.
In college, as a physics tutor.
In grad school, as a teaching assistant.
In marketing and sales, with customers and other salespeople, writing instructive materials.
As an engineer, in writing detailed assembly and test procedures.
Math Tutors Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Help Tutors Algebra 2 Tutors AP Calculus Tutors Applied Mathematics Tutors Basic Math Tutors Calculus Tutors Calculus 2 Tutors College Algebra Help Tutors College Math Tutors Differential Equations Help Tutors Elementary Algebra Tutors Elementary Math Tutors Geometry Tutors Intermediate Algebra Tutors Multivariable Calculus Tutors Precalculus Tutors Trigonometry Tutors