Hello! My name is Monica De La Garza I am 25 yrs. old and I live in Texas. I am currently a senior at UTSA majoring in biochemistry with a minor in business. I also speak 2 languages fluently English and Spanish. Due to the upper division courses I am currently taking and because of my grade point average I have the privilege to tutor students of all ages.Currently before this pandemic I was a tutor at the university. I first started tutoring children in all subject areas when working for College tutors and nannies with my skillset, background in subject material, patience , and tutoring work experience. I feel I would be a great fit for this position. Thank you for your consideration and hope to hear from you soon!
Monica was great with my daughter she really simplified the material in a way that my daughter could better understand the material. My daughter also loves her and laughs at her jokes. Very professional and always prepared.
Very knowledgeable .
She is very knowledgeable in Science.
Monica was very patient, as well as professional. She used props to teach my kids math and science. She also read books to them and imitated the stories in a fun way for my kids. Definitely would recommend her !!
First and foremost I would introduce myself and give some funny fun facts. Making sure the student is comfortable around me is very important in building a childs confidence. I would also provide the student with certain oppurtunities to feel like they belong here, this will help in the students contribution to learning.
University of Texas at San Antonio August 2018 - Current
· Preparation and synthesis of gold nanoparticles
· Working with class 4 laser radiation therapy
· Analysis and collection of data
· Maintaining accurate records
· Preparing materials for submission to granting agencies
· Preparation of articles, reports, and presentations
Teaching Assistant August 2018-April 2020
University of Texas at San Antonio
· Assisted the professor in preparation’s for classroom instruction
· Took down my own lecture notes for students who missed lecture
· Made student study guides to help students prepare for their exams
· Worked closely with professor to track student progress
· Held 2-3 tutoring sessions a week outside of class time
· Prepared my own worksheets and summaries for tutoring sessions
Student Tutor October 2019-July 2020
College Tutors & Nannies
· Served as a role model for students in there advancement in learning
· Helped students advance in various subject areas
· Taught students how to use critical thinking skills
· Used a growth mindset to help build up the students abilities in their work
· Prepared students for there state exam by making practice exams and study guides
I got started as a teaching assistant when I was recommended by a previous chemistry professor of mine. He said he saw potential in me, and felt that I would be a great fit to become a tutor at school.
I tutor in all subject areas: Algebra 1 & 2, Physics, Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Basic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry 1 & 2, Biology, Writing, Grammar, Proofreading, SAT/ACT prep
English Tutors AP English Tutors College Essays Help Tutors Creative Writing Tutors Essay Editing Tutors Essay Writing Tutors Handwriting Tutors Grammar Tutors Literary Analysis Tutors Proofreading Tutors Reading Tutors Spelling Tutors Technical Writing Training Vocabulary Tutors Writing Tutors Anatomy Tutors AP Biology Tutors AP Chemistry Tutors AP Physics Tutors Biology Tutors