Being an Engineer by trade, I always find math to be fun. When I realize others didn't enjoy math as much as I Do, I decided to create ways to show the fun in math. I started tutoring in math in middle school, helping other children or even my siblings complete math problems. As an introvert, I always kept the math tutoring to family, friends or classmate until my first year in college. I received an opportunity to tutoring/teach a whole adult GED class, Everyone started really enjoying math and explaining to me if they had me as a teacher back in high school, they would a receive the degree already. As I mention before, I graduated from University in 2012 with an Engineering degree. At some point, I probably start teaching math full time.
He is excellent
1) Listen to the concern
2) Figure out what the student understand and doesn't
3) Figure out the base information they would need to solve the student problem
4) Review the problem with the student
5) Help the student come up with the solution ( I believe student resolving problems is more powerful than if I resolve it for them)
6) If student not capable of solving the problem at that point, I'll solve it with the student or a similar problem.
I simply enjoy math and took multiples math classes including all the way to Calculus III and finite math. I have been tutoring math professionally since 2008.
I guess it was natural since I enjoy the subject. I started tutoring middle school classmate, then I received an opportunity to teach math in my first year in college.
kids from 7 years old to adult about 72 years old.