My team of professional educators and I guide bright students who are struggling with tough subjects, time management, or challenges such as ADD/ADHD by teaching them proven systems that empower them to thrive in school and develop lifelong habits of success. Our unique services combine academic tutoring with a foundation of mindfulness, growth mindset, and metacognitive skills. Since 2007, I have helped hundreds of students including children and adults with diagnoses such as visual and auditory processing disorders. Patience, professionalism, and proficiency are the cornerstones of our philosophy. I have had the privilege of guiding my students to earn admission and scholarships to top universities such as Stanford, Cal Berkeley, USC, UCLA, Boston College, McGill, and Carnegie Mellon.
• My students have earned admission and scholarships to universities such as Stanford, Cal Berkeley, USC, UCLA, Boston College, Fordham, McGill, Carnegie Mellon, and Claremont Graduate University.
• Many of my longtime families have given me the opportunity to guide all their children from middle school through high school graduation.
• SAT score increases of 200 to 350 points validate the efficacy of our methods and material.
• Since 2013, I've taught test prep classes to the players of the Beach Cities Volleyball Club based in Manhattan Beach.
• Best of Thumbtack Award for Tutoring 2015, 2016
Read our articles on learning techniques and test prep at https://initiaeducation.com
My journey from high school through UCLA and beyond was a rollercoaster of what I felt were failures and successes. Despite my achievements and scholarships, I struggled with time management and stress... until I found a couple of inspiring mentors who taught me a powerful lesson: Learn and pay it forward.
That's why I love bringing my compassion and energy to every session with my students—because I know they too can achieve incredible things with the right guidance and mentoring. My team and I are passionate about drawing from our research of performance psychology and the neuroscience behind learning to help our clients become skilled, inspired, and confident achievers.
There are no reviews yet
I provide a free academic planning session to help a student clarify his goals, identify hidden obstacles, and start taking action to get results. We typically meet in person at my office, at a family's home, or online via video conference.
Based on our discussion, I recommend a specific program and instructor, such as myself or a colleague, who will be the best fit for the student's unique needs. Once we agree to the program and terms, the student may begin sessions as early as that same week.
• 11 years of experience teaching test prep classes, tutoring, live workshops to children and young adults, and academic coaching.
• Seven years teaching test prep classes at private and public high schools in Los Angeles; trained by a leading test prep company.
• Master tutor training, A.S. Life Sciences, El Camino College.
• B.A. English, Phi Beta Kappa, UCLA.
• Neurolinguistic programming (NLP) practitioner certification.
• 13 years of film production experience and teaching workshops on best practices in producing film/video and screenwriting.
• My team of instructors hold B.A. and M.A. degrees, teaching credentials, and have over 20 years of teaching experience.
ACT Prep Tutors ACT English Tutors ACT Math Help Tutors ACT Reading Help Tutors ACT Science Help Tutors ACT Test Prep ACT Writing Help Tutors CHSPE Test Prep Tutors HSPT Test Prep Tutors ISEE Test Prep Tutors PSAT Tutors SAT Prep Tutors SAT Math Tutors SAT Reading Tutors SAT Test Prep SSAT Tutors Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Help Tutors Algebra 2 Help Tutors American History Tutors