I am passionate about teaching and learning! I currenty work as an 8th U.S History teacher at Spring Oaks Middle. I started this job after being selected to be in the TFA 2018 Corp. That year, I graduated from Yale University with a degree in Political Science and as an Education Studies scholar.
Throughout my academic and professional career, I learned how to learn and gained valuable skills that helped me become an effective teacher. I have:
- worked as a elementary and middle school after school instructor (where I would teach kids how to do a variety of projects like making an iMovie or coding).
- created my own college prep program with a group of my friends to serve our high school students.
- served as the assistant director of education aboard the Amistad tallship and organized historical lessons for our students while also providing them with college workshops.
- tutored public high school students and helped them apply to college.
- created an interactive learning curriculum online to give students more autonomy over their learning.
From learning Mandaring Chinese to teaching students how to sail and read a compass, the vast extent of my experiences have prepared me to be a patient, curious, and rigorous learning partner. I would be happy to support you in your learning journey.
Chris was a great mentor during my first year at Yale. He was always willing to answer my questions (both personal and academic) and ensured me that he also went through the same type of experiences. More importantly, his drive and passion to help people who come from communities like his makes his somebody who is both reliable and genuine.
Christian Rice was is an amazing, considerate, empathetic tutor that never made me feel as lesser even though I struggled with many of the concepts we worked together on. I hope that others are as lucky as I was to have him as an educator.
My first step is to actively listen to the student's explanation of the class subject they need help with. I would also take this time to get to know more about the student and how they study/think/work. Then, I would help the student map out the areas in the class they are struggling with. Finaly, I would work with the student to set a SMART learning goal and then develop a study plan to help achieve that goal.
I am graduated from Yale University with a degree of Political Science and as an Education Studies Scholar.
I typically charge $50 per tutoring sesison but am happy discuss modifying pricing if necessary.
I started teaching at the middle school I attended as a kid (weird, huh?) in August 2018.
College Essays Help Tutors English Tutors ESL Tutors Essay Editing Tutors Essay Writing Tutors Reading Tutors Speech Tutors Chinese Tutors Spanish Tutors Teacher Tutors Summer Tutors Study Skills Tutors Private Tutors AP US History Tutors AP Physics Tutors Biology Tutors Political Science Tutors Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Help Tutors Algebra 2 Tutors