Private Lessons With Mr. Beck

Private Lessons With Mr. Beck

5.0
1 employee
9 years in business

About this tutor

Mr. Beck has his degree in Vocal Music Education and his Master's in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy. He has sang several operatic, musical theater, and oratorio roles. 

Over the last 10 years, Mr. Beck has taught private voice, piano, and ukulele lessons. Mr. Beck teaches beginner to advanced voice lessons, and beginner to intermidate piano and ukulele lessons. He has taught in Columbia, MO; Kansas City, Missouri; and all around the Houston area. 

Mr. Beck's passion is to help students use their passion to enhance their musical abilities, their confidence, and their ability to break down their technique. 

His teaching approach is one that guides students into slowly becoming their own teacher. He says that he is your teacher for only 1% of the week, you have to learn to be your teacher the other 99% of it. 

His goal is to make sure students are enjoying their lessons and are actively engaged throughout it. 

Read more about this pro


Credentials

Houston, TX 77084
Email verified

ReviewsWrite a review



There are no reviews yet


FAQs


What is your typical process for working with a new student?

The first lesson will be spent by Mr. Beck getting to know you and your goals and background with your instrument. We will then either sing familiar songs, or begin an introductory song on the instrument to make sure you feel success right away. 


What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?

Mr. Beck has an undergraduate in Vocal Music Education, and a Masters in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy


Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.

Voice- $1 per minute. I.e. one 30 minute lesson is $30.
Piano and Ukuele- $.75 per minute. I.e. one 30 minute lesson is $22.5


How did you get started teaching?

Mr. Beck has had a passion for teaching from a young age. During his senior year of high school, he helped to teach a middle school choir, and he has continued to teach since then. 


What types of students have you worked with?

Mr. Beck has worked with young beginners, adult beginners, and young professionals. His goal is to meet the student where they are musically and help them improve. 


What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?

The best advice is to have lessons with somebody who is both warm and demanding. You want a teacher who you like to be around, and also pushing you to be your best. 


Services offered

Classical Voice Lessons Classical Piano Lessons Music Performance Lessons Music Teacher Training Music Theory Lessons Opera Voice Lessons Piano Lessons Singing Lessons Ukulele Lessons Vocal Training Lessons Voice Lessons


Nearby Piano Lessons