Chemistry Tutoring Position
I believe that my academic background, instructional ability, combined with my strong interpersonal skills and work ethic would greatly benefit every student.
As my resume indicates, I possess more than 20 years of progressive teaching experience. You will note that my teaching style is direct and decisive, yet flexible in responding to constantly changing demands and our students’ needs.
Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to teach Chemistry to a diverse group of students. I always try to nurture an exciting and engaging learning environment by utilizing carefully planned laboratory experiments, real world connections, inquiry based understanding, and performance based on the curriculum that can ensure students mastering science concepts. In addition, I integrate various forms of assessment methods to ensure that students are learning within integrated science instruction.
One of my greatest strengths is evaluating and meeting students’ diverse needs. I assist my students by researching and incorporating effective methods that will help students develop their own learning experience. Students will then retain information longer and become more confident in their abilities.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Chemistry, Physical Science, AP & IB Chemistry
• Master of Education in The Science of Teaching Learning and Curriculum - Drexel University - 2012
• Teaching Certification Program/Chemistry & Physical Science – Drexel University - 2010
• Bachelor of Natural Science in Chemistry and Biology – University of Tirana, Tirana Albania - 1996
• Teaching AP Chemistry, La Sale University - July 2013
• Teaching AP Chemistry, Philadelphia School District – August 2015
• Teaching IB Chemistry, The Florida Association of IB World Schools – June 2017
• High School Chemistry Teacher - Philadelphia School District
January 2009-To Present
• High School Chemistry Teacher – Regional School District of Albania 1996 – 2004
Honors and Awards
• Nominated for The Fishman Price 2014
• Lindback Distinguished Teacher Award recipient 2015
As I reflect on my beliefs about teaching and learning, I come across the goals of my subject area: I want my students to learn Chemistry by giving them an insight into the beauty of science, with enjoyable lab experiences. I also want my students to walk out of my class will a positive attitude toward science and learning in general. In my classroom, I try to provide an inviting and comfortable environment where making the first steps towards learning Chemistry can be a great experience. I try to create an environment where my students can feel safe, knowledgeable, and confident in asking questions. There is always learning going on regardless of whether they give the correct or the incorrect answer. I encourage my students to work and share ideas. I believe that students are the best learning when they are actively engaged in the pursuit of knowledge.
I had the pleasure of having Mrs. Ndrecka as my IB Chemistry teacher and I feel confident in saying that she is one of the most dedicated and passionate educators that I have come across with in my academic journey. She always tried to approach the lecture in a way that suited the student’s needs, regardless of the extra work that it required of her, and made sure that each student had the necessary resources to master the course content. Additionally, she was always willing to help out with any questions or concerns and went above and beyond for each of her students. As I head to Harvard College this fall, I can attest that her teaching style and dedication have made me feel more confident about higher level chemistry courses. If you are looking for a tutor who will put in her best effort to help you out and deliver an exceptional teaching experience, Mrs. Ndrecka is the one.
When working with a student for the first time, the most crucial aspect of the entire process is building a rapport with the learner. At this point, I would like to instill confidence in them before any tutoring begins. Nevertheless, before scheduling a lesson, I usually meet with the student and parent(s). We work hand in hand to build their specialized plan of action. The student and the parents create a detailed description of their current situation and their desired results. Next, we come up with a set of goals and implement the plan of action appropriately to accomplish the objective.
• Master of Education in The Science of Teaching Learning and Curriculum - Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA (2012)
• Teaching Certification Program/Chemistry & Physical Science – Drexel University (2010)
• Bachelor of Natural Science in Chemistry and Biology – University of Tirana, Tirana Albania (1996)
The pricing depends on the program taught:
Regular-chemistry, AP & IB chemistry, SAT Chemistry and College Chemistry, which can vary from 45-70$
Regular Chemistry $45
AP, IB & SAT Chemistry $50
College Chemistry 101 & 102 $60
Organic Chemistry $70
Chemistry Tutors AP Chemistry Tutors