Phoenix Educational Services
Phoenix Educational Services serves students from all walks of life providing a wide range of Academic, Life Skills, Coaching and Mentoring needs. Our programs are customized for students of all ages based on their needs and motivation to either remediate or enrich their learning experiences. We pride ourselves in providing a hands on, down to earth learning approach based on the individual learning style of the student. Our students benefit from the convenience of our instructors willingness to travel to them and providing all materials.
What I most enjoy about the work that I do is helping people become a better version of themselves as they accomplish their goals. Helping people reach their own success is my true passion.
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
I always set up a meeting whether in person or via facetime or skype to discuss what the student's needs are and what they hope to accomplish by receiving tutoring services. I then perform some type of assessment to better understand what support will be necessary and then discuss the best plan of action with all those involved. I believe a team effort is important to a student's success.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
I have over 25 years of experience teaching all levels from preschool to adult education. I am a state-certified teacher and have experience teaching a wide range of subjects to very diverse populations at the early childhood, elementary, secondary, collegiate and adult level.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
My price range is as follows:
General fee: $30 -50 per hour depending on subject needs and travel.
Price considerations for multiple courses and sessions as well as financial need.
What types of students have you worked with?
I have worked with students from all continents and walks of life. I pride myself on being able to provide learning experiences and a support system that connects with my students culturally as well as academically.
What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?
When looking for a tutor in any area, the following should be present:
1. Flexibility in scheduling
2. Strong knowledge base
3. Willingness to communicate with other professionals to establish a support team if needed
4. Able to use various strategies and techniques to help students learn the material.
5. Be willing to adhere and support students strengths and learning style
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
Take into account the following:
1. How much help do I need? Am I failing or do I just need additional study help?
2. How much time do I have for lessons? How much time am I willing to dedicate to reach my goal?
3. What do I think my tutor's responsibilities are? What do I expect them to do in order to accomplish my goals?
4. Am I struggling with just one subject/need or is there something else that is keeping me from reaching my goal?