I personally have worked for 4 years as a tutor in Kumon, a Math and English tutoring agency. There, I tutored kids ranging from 4 to 19 years old, in topics from basic handwriting to advanced calculus. I am especially good at tutoring in higher level maths.
I also tutored in a high school, via my own tutoring group (roughly 20 tutors strong), in Algebra and Geometry based classes for 1 year.
I worked on a Machine Learning project, designed to more effectively prepare students for the SAT and ACT. As part of this project, I analyzed every section of all released official tests, and created problems emulating their difficulty and focus areas. For this reason, I can also serve as an SAT/ACT tutor.
There are no reviews yet
- Four years working as a tutor in Kumon, and Math and English tutoring agency.
- One year as an SAT/ACT analyzer, developing an AI engine off of the data gathered, as well as a tutoring program designed for standardized tests.
- One year as a school tutor, delivering thirty minute lectures of specialized topics once a week, as well as tutoring groups of kids.
- Completed high school. I attend UNC Chapel Hill, studying as a biomedical engineer.
- Completed 13 AP courses, and attended community college to complete additional courses (Dual Enrollment)
AP Course Tutoring:
General Tutoring (standardized courses):
1.) Consider what you're looking to get from tutoring. I, for example, teach for the sake of teaching. Understanding your material comes first - a nice score is a benefit, but still only secondary compared to learning. Given this, I would not be as effective a tutor for those looking for a quick 'bump' in grade points. For those looking for long term understanding, I would be ideal.
2.) For SAT/ACT takers, consider what you can get from each tutor. When you go for such tutoring, you don't get just crystal facts. You get advice, lessons, even tips of college applications. Given this, you should choose a tutor that appears to share your goals.
1.) What are your problem areas?
2.) How much time can you set aside to do additional assignments?
3.) What do you hope to get out of our sessions?
4.) How disciplined would you say you are when it comes to completing assignments?
5.) Why do you want a tutor?
Algebra Tutors Algebra 1 Help Tutors Algebra 2 Tutors AP Calculus Tutors AP Statistics Help Tutors Calculus Tutors Calculus 2 Tutors ACT English Tutors ACT Math Help Tutors ACT Reading Help Tutors ACT Science Help Tutors ACT Test Prep ACT Writing Help Tutors AP Biology Tutors AP Economics Test Prep AP Government Help Tutors AP Macroeconomics Tutors AP Microeconomics Tutors AP Psychology Test Prep Cello Lessons