• I am currently a PhD student studying I'm neurosciences, have a Bachelor of Science in psychology (neuroscience concentration) and French and chemistry
• studied/have a strong background in sciences (neuroscience, biology, chemistry) and French from undergrad
• patient and passionate about teaching and am able to adapt my teaching style to best teach the individual (I use active learning techniques)
• have worked with students of all ages
• can only work weekday evenings/nights and weekday mornings; contingent on travel schedule since I travel a lot on weekends
There are no reviews yet
I like to start to see what base knowledge the student has and then identify weaknesses or gaps in knowledge and go from there.
Bachelor of Science in psychology/neuroscience, minor in French and chemistry from Boston College
Currently a PhD student at Emory studying neuropharmacology
Have lectured and taught classes; have worked one-on-one with students
Pricing will depend on the level and rigor of what is being taught but in general the pricing will start anywhere from $15-20 an hour. Pricing can be set once a lesson plan is determined and discussed.
I started teaching Vietnamese when I was in high school and continued to teach peers as I grew and I just found teaching to be really fulfilling. I know what it's like to struggle as a student and understand flaws in some teaching styles and so I want to be able to help other students who may struggle with traditional teaching methods.
Come ready to put in the effort and the work - you'll only get out of it what you put in.
What areas am I weak in?
What kind of interaction do I need to stay engaged in the material or topics at hand?
What do I already know?