"Always go back to the basics" is my motto. I like to show more than one way to solve a problem. I like to start by having the student underline the key points to the problem. What is the problem asking for? What do we know? What formula/principle do we need to solve the problem. Does the answer contain proper units? I do a problem as an example and then I have the student do a problem.
I feel that I a good listener and that I am willing to be flexible.
Leading by example and helping the student build their confidence. Seeing the student become more confident
There are no reviews yet
My process for working with a new student is:
1. What areas of the subject are they having difficulties with.
2. I let the parents and the student outline their expectations they have for me when tutoring the student.
3. I outline how I can help the student by describing the methods that I use.
4. I outline my expectations to the parents and the student to make sure we are "on the same page".
5. In past tutoring exepriences, I have the first session be free. I will ask for feedback from the student and the parents to see if they would like to move forward.