I am a veteran teacher / tutor of more than thirty years and have taught Spanish Prek Adult in 3 continents and in elementary school, middle school, high school and college.
I have current teaching licenses in California and Virgina. I have a valid emergency substitute license in California.
I have tutored art, history, anthropology, education, Spanish, theology, philosophy, Lietrature, creative writing and psychology.
Currently I tutor University and secondary students primarily remotely.
I am a curricular instruction expert and very well trained in European and American modern lanaguges education methods. I have designed, developed and taught counteless courses to managers, students and colleagues.
I have a Linda Mood Bell Certification and a Digital Teaching Certification.
I lived in Spanish immersion over 15 years and now live in Southern California. I am fluent in both English and Spanish.
The large majority of my students imrpove one letter grade or two within six weeks of regular tutoring. Getting results is key for cousre design and delivery.
You can find my profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram , Pinterest and Google.
There are no reviews yet
1. I ask the student to share with me all the materials and modes of course lesson delivery.
2. I acquire the same materials as the student and review them closely.
3. I ask the student to share with me as many assignments, tests and quizzes as poosible to identify areas of needs and stengths. I generally prepare all the assignments myself as well as support the student with notes, tuorials and reviews.
4. I coordinate review sessions and help the student focus on target skills and content. Generally I prepare onlie reviews as well as exam reviews. I dircet students to prepare Cornell notes on all class readings.
5. Lastly, I communicate regularly with the student to prepare ahead and organize future assignments. Time management and preparation is key.
6. I also help students locate additional self - study and support materials. My goal is always to make the student as idependent and successful as possible.
7. If working with groups, I develop communication actvities to boost memory, four skills ( reading, writing, lsitening and speaking ) learning and as well use of integrated content and contxets for specified learning goals pursposes.
8. Lastly I flip lectures, reviiews, drills and media presentations to allow my students as manay repetitions as needed as well as to make learning on the go practical.
Foreign Language Tutors Spanish Tutors