• M.A. in Art Education and Clinical Psychology from Columbia University
• B.F.A in Fine Arts and Design from the University of Southern California.
• Experience with Art & Design and Individualized Teaching
• 5-year professional digital product & branding designer
• Experience with running and teaching Art and Design online education program in China and the US
• Provide ADD/ADHD advisory: time management, mental health, and academic advisory
• 6 years of teaching experience working with kids from all ages and adult learners, provide premier tutoring on all subjects
• My best-rated subjects are:
• Art: Prepare for AP Test, Develop Art School Entrance Portfolio, General Development, or Help with a Specific Topic or Skill (such as Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Ceramics, or Personal Artist Statement Writing).
• Chinese: Speaking, Reading, Writing, Business & Professional Utilization & Translation.
• Design: Develop Design Portfolio, General Development or Help with a Specific Topic or Skill (such as Adobe Suite, Logo Design, UX/UI, Website Design or Branding)
• GRE, TOEFL, College Essays
• Education Development: Art School Student Advisory, Time Management & Learning Strategies for ADD/ADHD
• I find happiness accelerate my students' learning and getting them ahead.
There are no reviews yet
When meeting a new student, I will start with a 20-30min in-person, phone, or email conversation with the student. In this kick-off meeting, the student and I will get to know each other and establish a comfortable environment. We'll establish the goals and needs of the student. Depending on the subject matter, I will sometimes provide a course plan or other times does not.
• I have an education in Fine Art, Design, and Education for my Master's Degree at Columbia University. I specialize in accelerated learning based on the individual's learning type
• I am a 6th-year User experience design mentor, and teaching University of Southern California students design for AIGA Los Angeles, the Professional Association for Design
• I am experienced with kindergarten teaching to adult teaching in the subjects of Art, Design, Presentation, and Language (Chinese and English). I have experience with one-on-one tutoring and group tutoring.
• I have an education in clinical psychology and I counseled University students in academic time management and ADD/ADHD Management at Columbia University.
• I have an Education in Business Strategy Course at Columbia University.
->All general Art subjects - hourly rate of $45-80/hour based level of complexity and subject matter
-> All non-Art subjects, including foreign languages, business level language & translation hourly rate $60-120/hour based on the subject matter and difficulty level
-> Writing Services:
-> Resumes $50
-> Coaching Services:
-> Portfolio Reviews $60 per/piece
-> Artist Statement Reviews $80/piece
-> Academic & ADD/ADHD Advisory flat rate $60 per hour
I started mentoring students in the University of Southern California.
I have worked with students on all levels: kindergartners, primary and secondary students, university students, and adult learners.
1. Communicate your goals, needs and what do you look for in a teacher
2. Understand if the teacher has a good assessment of your needs, goals, and level and if she/he can provide an appropriate strategy that is best suited for you
3. Understand the importance of the balance of creative freedom and critique
1. What am I aiming to achieve through this?
2. Am I willing to put in the effort to make improvements?