I currently work at a local college as an Embedded Tutor (an assistant teaching role). I specialize in helping students meet collegiate standards of writing.
I like helping students understand how important improving composition and communication skills are to both their academic interests and professional ones.
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
• The first meeting/phone call is either with the student or with parents to discuss goals—grade improvement, college admissions, etc.
• We discuss the kind of services their looking for, and create a regular meeting schedule or plan for 2-3 test visits to see if my teaching works for the student.
• If the student and I work well together, we can move forward on discussing a regular schedule.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
In addition to holding several degrees, I currently work as an Embedded Tutor in the English Department of a local college.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
- Resume and/or CV Building: $25-35/hr
- College Prep Consultations: $25/hr
- Scholarship Submission Review: $25/hr
- Tutoring (English, Writing, Statements of Purpose Review, etc.): $25-35/hr
*I will NOT write a paper for you/your student. My services are assistance based only. I may edit, I may suggest revisions too, I may also help plan and revise your student's essays with them, but I will NOT write a submission or homework assignment for your student.
How did you get started teaching?
I started tutoring in high school, and have continued to do so ever since.
What types of students have you worked with?
I have worked primarily with high school and college students. Both in preparing for college and in adjusting to collegiate academic standards.