CAL Language Academy
Along with making an accurate diagnosis of our students' needs, followed by detailed planning on how to reach goals, we offer the following:
1. Detailed essay writing practice with in-depth details on APA/MLA formats for referencing, in-text citation, research, essay structures, grammar, organization, etc.
2. Most recent (actual) exams. If you prepare for 1 month, you will find many similar questions (almost 95%) in your exam as a result of the training.
3. Tips that are given to us by IELTS/TOEFL/CELPIP/CELBAN/Cantest/English examiners.
4. Homework and some excellent test samples.
5. Continuous practice of exam situations in class.
6. Structures that you can simply memorize to use for your exams.
Also, try our FREE CLASSES to see how good they are and find out for yourself.
I enjoy receiving students' feedback from the results they get - it is rewarding and a great feeling to experience their success.
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
The first thing my team do when meeting with a student is to get to know their learning strategies. Then we assess their knowledge of how much they know and we go from there.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Our teachers have TESL Certification, Bachelor's and Master's degrees in education.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
Each lessons are discounted at 5% on 10 hours; 10% on 20 hours - and so on.
How did you get started teaching?
There are broad teaching experiences our teachers have had. Some had started teaching way back in 2000 to the present.
What types of students have you worked with?
Our team works with a broad range of students from children to adults [4 - 80 years of age].
Describe a recent event you are fond of.
Our teachers have shared many stories and one of them had to do with one of their student's pronunciation improvements. The student was at a lower level in terms of their speaking, however, by the end of the program, they were able to speak fluently and clearly.
What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?
Students should look at teachers who not only are high qualified but also the kind of personality that they like. Connecting with your teacher is very important.
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
Students should ask questions that are related to the subject they need help with. They can ask questions such as:
- How long have you been teaching as an English literature teacher?
- What are ways can I improve in my learning?
- Are you flexible in terms of scheduling?