Tutorfly.com - UCLA
- Vetted and Empathetic Peer Tutors
- Affordable Rates (Starting as low as $25 an hour)
- No Hidden Fees
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Photos and videos
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new student?
Tutoring clients can either:
1) Browse for tutors themselves at tutorfly.com, or
2) Contact our Tutorfly Team via email ([email protected]) or phone (424.653.6159) so that we can personally recommend a tutor.
We match tutors based off of both academic and personality data so we ensure that your student enjoys working with the tutor.
Once a client has identified the perfect tutor, he/she can:
1) Send a contact request to the Tutorfly Tutor and wait for the tutor to accept the request.
2) Message that tutor to determine session details
3) Schedule the session through the Tutorfly Dashboard
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Our Tutorfly Tutors have aced the same classes that they're tutoring in!
Also, we test for and train tutors to have knowledge, creativity, and empathy.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your lessons? If so, please share the details here.
Tutorfly tutors start at a rate of $25/hour. Clients are charged a 9.7% service fee which goes toward maintaining the platform and our customer service
How did you get started teaching?
Our founders were peer tutors in high school and college themselves and now have built software to allow others to experience peer tutoring as well.
What types of students have you worked with?
We work with all kinds of students, from elementary through high school aged students.
We specialize in helping students that need targeted advice for how to succeed in specific classroom settings.
The students we work with are smart kids, and just need someone that understands what they're going through to help them push through.
Describe a recent event you are fond of.
We recently helped a 10th grader who was struggling with a specific chemistry honors professor. We connected her with a Tutorfly Tutor that is a 12th grader at a nearby school and understands exactly how to teach the material in a way that makes sense to the student. She ended up getting an A in the class. :)
What advice would you give a student looking to hire a teacher in your area of expertise?
We would recommend to reach out to us at [email protected] or by phone at 424.653.6159 so that we can provide a personal recommendation for a tutor!
We recommend choosing tutors based off of personalities too and not just academic focus.
What questions should students think through before talking to teachers about their needs?
Before reaching out to a tutor, consider:
1) Does this tutor understand the subject matter?
2) Is this tutor someone that my student will get along with?
3) Do I prefer in-person or online tutoring sessions?
Our Tutorfly Team considers these points and more when recommending Tutorfly Tutors.